Our next large group meeting is Tuesday, October 30, 2018. We will use the same format as last time – three meetings with video conference at:
- Vernal – USU campus in Vernal (320 N. Aggie Blvd.) in Room 101. Come through the main entrance, and it is the first door on your left.
- Salt Lake City – Ray Quinney & Nebeker, 36 South State Street, Suite 1400
- Denver – EPA Region 8, 1595 Wynkoop St. (ask for Chris Dresser)
Thanks to everyone who has participated in the sub-group meetings!
UINTA BASIN OZONE WORKING GROUP
AGENDA FOR OCTOBER 30, 2018 MEETING
- Happy Halloween!
- Working Group Presentations – Goals, Objectives, and Next Steps (5-10 minutes each)
- Immediate proactive reductions (Stuart Siffring, Western Energy Alliance, and Rikki Hrenko, Enefit/Utah Petroleum Association)
- Crediting reductions (Bob Hammer, SLR International): Meeting notes Subgroup 10 29 18
- Helpful comparisons (Erik Vernon, BLM)
- Most effective reduction targets (Seth Lyman, Utah State University)
- Accounting for outside factors (Huy Tran, Utah State University)
- Jurisdictional alignment (Chris Dresser, EPA)
- Public relations and education Ozone Grandma Message (Debbie Sigman, Breathe Utah)
- Group Discussion (20 minutes)
- Are all the groups useful? Timely?
- How to prevent duplication of efforts in sub-groups
- Coordinating efforts
- Timing and chronology of efforts
- Large Group Functions and Procedures (15 minutes)
- Coordination of working groups/efforts
- Large group decision-making processes
- What needs approval by the large group?
- Do we need a Sounding Board (leaders from each sector: local government, DEQ, EPA, Tribe, industry, environmentalists, technical/academia)? Steering Committee (appoint? Make up of Working Group Leaders?)? or just continue with loose and voluntary participation?
- Central source for submitting ideas, suggestions, complaints, questions
- Goals and Time for Next Meeting (10 minutes)