Announcing the First Annual Uinta Basin Tri County Health Leadership in Ozone Reduction Awareness (LORA) Award
The LORA Award will be presented by Tri County Health to recognize voluntary industry efforts to reduce ozone in the Basin.
What: Leadership in Ozone Reduction Awareness (LORA) A community recognition for companies who made outstanding efforts this winter to reduce ozone precursors.
Where: The awards ceremony will be held at the Crossroads Community Center in Roosevelt.
When: April 11, 2019 at 2:30 p.m. during the UBOWG meeting.
How to Apply:
The application is a spreadsheet outlining potential ozone mitigation measures. Please check the boxes next to each measure that your company implemented during the 2018-2019 winter season and return the application to this email address. If there are other measures (training, education, delayed actions) not on the list that your company has undertaken please include these.
In addition, your application will provide valuable information that UBOWG will use to improve understanding of ozone events for the 2019-2020 winter season. UBOWG welcomes any input you might have about proactive measures your company takes to reduce ozone precursors for individual ozone events. UBOWG’s goal is to inform the public about the many industry efforts already underway in the Basin, as well as future studies of the unique ozone events in the Basin. Thank you and see you on April 11th!
Agenda for April 11
- Industry voluntary measures during 2018-19 winter ozone season – Tri County Health LORA Award
- Presentation on past winter and design value for the Basin (DAQ);
- Discussion about NOx and VOC contributions to high ozone events in the Basin (EPA, USU)
- Update on U&O FIP, National Oil and Natural Gas FIP, and emissions reduction credit banking rulemakings (EPA)
- Report on modeling workshop (USU/Western Energy Alliance)
- Emissions Inventory (DAQ)
- Plans and active measures needed to prepare for next winter
a. Actions/systems needing work/development over the summer
b. September/October stakeholder meeting
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,849322326# US (New York)